Dark armpits can be quite bothersome. Now, if you are wondering how to get rid of dark armpits, there are many natural remedies to get rid of the dark armpits. But how can you prevent the occurrence of dark armpits? Since prevention is better than cure and to make sure that your armpits are not darkened, this article will take a look at some effective methods to prevent darkening of the armpits.
A Look At Some Effective Methods To Prevents Darkening Of The Armpits:
- If you want to prevent dark armpits, then you should stop shaving your armpits. Shaving doesn’t uproot the hair properly from the skin; rather it will leave the sub surface hair on the skin, leaving a darker appearance as hair colour tends to be darker than the skin complexion. Instead you can opt for waxing of your armpits or plucking the hair, which will uproot the armpit hair properly from the skin. Also it will leave the skin smooth and cleaner than the shaving of the armpit hair. Shaving armpit hair can also cause irritation of the skin, causing red patches on the skin if shaved harshly.
- Many of us use hair removal cream to remove the armpit hair. It can cause a lot of problem. Hair removal cream can contain various chemicals that can react with the skin, causing the contact skin to go dark after a period of usage. Although it may seem very easy to remove armpit hair by applying the hair removal cream, it will cause the skin to darken and in many cases it will irritate the skin as well.
- Poor ventilation of the armpit skin and excess sweating can lead to darkened armpits. Tight clothing tends to have poor ventilation offered to the skin. It is better to wear fitting but not too tight fitting clothing that will allow proper ventilation of the skin.
- You will need to exfoliate to remove the dead skin cells from the armpit skin. Dead skin cells are one cause of dark armpits and it can also cause armpit odor as well. There are many natural exfoliation methods and ingredients available if you are not willing to use the commercialized products.
- You can use natural methods to get rid of the body odor, instead of using deodorant. Deodorant can have many different chemicals that can react with the skin to give the darker appearance of the skin.
- There are certain hyper-pigmentation diseases that can cause the dark pigmentation of the skin. If this is the reason of the darkening of the armpit skin, then it is better to approach a doctor who will be able to help you with the proper medication that will help to fade the darkening of the skin away effectively.
- Melasma is one type of condition that is often faced by the pregnant women when they are exposed for a longer period in the sun. It can also occur if the person is going through any hormonal therapy or those who are using oral contraceptives.